Saturday, April 21, 2012

Week 10, Day 2:

I was inspired by an arrangement by Amy Merrick from Brooklyn, New York. I love the different spaces created between by the wiggly stems of the peonies and ranunculus.  This arrangement is supposed to look somewhat sparse, so that you may observe the the flower and its stem in their entirety.  The way mine differs from Amy's is that I decided not to use lily grass, not to use a monochrome colour palette and not to pack the stems so tightly in the container (although I may try that later today!).
Starting next week, I will be working three days at the florist! I will get to work during the week, on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.  Apparently, there is more customer traffic during those days, and on Tuesday, the new flowers for the week arrive.



No comments:

Post a Comment